Our tutors support international students in starting their studies at the EAH Jena.
You come from abroad for studying in Jena. Perhaps, it is your first day in a foreign country. After long journey, you finally arrive in Jena and get off the train. At the rail station, a tutor of our University is already waiting for you and accompanies you to your accommodation and is on hand with help and advice even in the following days.
- Reception in Jena
- Help with flat-hunting
- Support at visits to authorities
- Introduction to the University procedures
- Help with general questions
The service is free of charge.
Are you studying at the EAH Jena, have been abroad for studying or doing an internship already? Perhaps, you are just interested in other cultures, want to improve a foreign language or get to know new people? Then apply as a tutor at the International Office and help your new fellow students to find their way in Jena and at the University.
- A versatile and varied task
- Expansion of your intercultural competence
- Training and mentoring
- Financial allowance (at least 70 euros per semester)
- Letter of recommendation
Are you looking for an internship or a company for your final project? The International Office offers you a special service, our Career Group. The Career Group supports with preparing your application documents and finding vacancies for internships or final projects. Kindly note that the Career Group consists of students of the EAH Jena and is not a placement service.
Interested? Then arrange an appointment for a consultation by email: email@example.com
The International Chat Room takes place online every week on Friday from 13:30 during the lecture period. The International Chat Room is a place to get to know other students and exchange ideas on cultural topics. Variety is ensured, as there is a different topic on each date. Previous topics have included country presentations, virtual tours, getting-to-know-you games and puzzles. The offer is aimed at all students of the EAH Jena. Participation is possible without registration.
- Meeting room at BigBlueButton: Internationaler Stammtisch (eah-jena.de)
Information on past and upcoming topics can be found on Instagram and Facebook.
Germany is not only a wonderful place to study. It also has a lot to offer culturally and scenically. On the excursions and trips, we show you interesting places and organise industry and company tours. All it costs you is a small participation fee.
In Germany, it is not only at the universities and colleges that you can get competent advice and help with the most important questions and problems that student life entails. There is also a large network of counselling centres specifically for students. At Studierendenwerk Thüringen you will find almost everything that is not directly related to the lecture hall or laboratory, but is part of student life.
The General Social Counselling advises you on the following topics:
- Financing studies through employment
- Social benefits from the Studierendenwerk
- Benefits for pregnant women and students with children
- Claims from social benefits
- Savings opportunities
- General conditions of study
- Questions from students with disabilities and chronic illnesses
The Psychosocial Counselling advises you on the following topics:
- Learning and work disorders, exam and other anxieties, doubts in studies
- Difficulties getting in touch with others
- Conflicts with parents, partner or in the flat-sharing community
- Excessive demands and insecurity
- Depressive moods
- Addictions (internet, drugs, food, etc.)
The INFOtake Jena information centre advises you on the following topics:
- ISIC (International Student Identity Card)
- Information on and receipt of applications for the semester subsidy from the respective city
- Information on exemption/refund of semester fees and semester ticket fees
- Information on and receipt of notifications for leisure accident insurance and liability insurance for students
- Child ID card for free lunch for students' children
- Assistance in finding and arranging private rooms
- Publication of job offers on the internet
- Additional payment for vaccinations required for practical training in Jena and Weimar