Application for exchange study
Are you thinking about spending a part of your student days in Germany, e.g. in the framework of the Erasmus+ or another exchange programme? The University of Applied Sciences (EAH) Jena is the ideal place for it. You study at a state-of-the-art and young university and enjoy the paradisal student life in Jena.
The prerequisite for admission to an exchange programme is an existing partnership agreement between your home university or programme partner and EAH Jena. Furthermore, you must be enrolled at your home university during the whole duration of your exchange study at the EAH Jena. Depending on the course chosen, profound knowledge of the German or English language is also required.
For admission to German taught courses, you will have to prove German language proficiency of at least B1 level (Intermediate) according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. For the admission to English taught courses, English language proficiency of B2 level (Upper intermediate) has to be proven at least.
Either your home university or the programme partner nominates you for exchange study at the EAH Jena. Contact person is Mr Schaef. Freemover should contact Mr Schaef directly.
You fill in the application documents completely and return them to Mr Schaef by email. Mr Schaef will contact you if any documents are missing.
All parties (you, your home university and the EAH Jena) conclude a learning agreement. The learning agreement contains all subjects you would like to study at the EAH Jena.
Once all questions have been clarified and the learning agreement is signed by all parties, you will receive your acceptance letter and further information about your exchange study at the EAH Jena.
Please download the following forms and fill them in completely:
Note for Eramus students: Please use the Online Learning Agreement (OLA) of the European Commission.
Please attach the following documents to your application:
- Learning Agreement (not applicable for double degree programmes)
- Copy of school leaving certificate (e. g. Baccalaureat, High School Diploma, etc.) with transcript of records
- Copy of the result of the university entrance examination (if any)
- Copy of university degree (if any) with transcript of records
- Copy of passport or ID card (EU citizens)
- 1 passport photo (light, single-colour background) for the student ID card
- Language certificate(s)
- Current transcript of records of home university
- Current enrolment certificate of home university
- Confirmation of application for student housing (with tenant number)
Nomination and application deadlines
- For the winter semester (October - March):
- Nomination by 31 May of the year
- Application by 15 June of the year
- For the summer semester (April - September):
- Nomination by 30 November of the previous year
- Application by 15 December of the previous year
Please send your application documents by email to Mr Robert Schaef. If you would like to send your application documents by post too, please send them to the following address:
University of Applied Sciences Jena
P.O. Box 10 03 14
If you would like to send your documents by express courier, please use the visitor address:
University of Applied Sciences Jena
Housing in Jena
Furnished rooms for students are offered by our partner, Studierendenwerk Thueringen (Association for Student Affairs Thuringia). Application is only possible online (please see below). Please take care of your accommodation in Jena as early as possible. Do not wait for the admission to study, but apply immediately. EAH Jena does not offer any accommodation service.
Three dormitories are located in the immediate vicinity of the campus of EAH Jena:
- Carl-Zeiss-Promenade 8
- Moritz-Seebeck-Straße 15
- Siegfried-Czapski-Straße 2
- Overview of all dormitories in Jena