Bachelor of Engineering
In addition to strengthening your mathematical and scientific knowledge, the aim of this degree programme is to teach the principles of developing mechatronic systems. The compulsory subjects cover a wide range of mechanical, information technology and control engineering applications. Within the compulsory elective and specialisation modules, the development project and the Master's thesis, you have the opportunity to design your own technical specialisations.
In this way, you acquire the ability to work independently, with the help of scientific procedures. You will also develop and master new systems.
You have the opportunity to work in the following professional fields, for example:
- Research and development
- Planning and project development
- Marketing and sales
In addition, the degree qualifies you for work in research institutions, as well as for doctoral studies at a college or university.
Your career opportunities
- Creation and support of sensor specifications (hardware and functional requirements for software modules) as well as analysis of system specifications from customers with regard to the requirements for sensor technology.
- Measurement of sensor prototypes and analysis of properties
- Support of (international) suppliers in development processes and release tests
- Carrying out installation space coordination in cooperation with the project designers and suppliers
- Carrying out and supporting fault analyses (FMEDA, FMEA)
- Development of electrical and electronic topics for high-voltage batteries at cell, module and pack level.
- Concept development for voltage and temperature sensing
- Definition and coordination of requirements in the project team and with the customer
- Dimensioning, calculation, simulation, validation, evaluation and specification of components
- Development of electric motors for traction drives of electric vehicles within the scope of customer and platform development projects.
- You are responsible for the electromagnetic and thermal design of the electric motors and compare your results with test bench investigations.
- Together with an international team of specialists, you work on tasks such as insulation systems, noise emissions and component models for system simulation
- Developing optimisation tools for the design and methodical support of the overall development process
- Direct cooperation with customers and suppliers