Business Information Systems
Das macht diesen Studiengang besonders:
- Combination of practical and research-oriented training
- Practical phase in the 7th semester as an ideal transition to a job
Practical, scientific work and application-oriented research should provide you with the necessary technical, methodological and social skills that enable you to act independently and on your own responsibility. The globalisation of the economy is taken into account. You will be put in a position both to support the management of an organisation in the subject of business information systems and, after appropriate training, to take on management tasks yourself or to be active as an entrepreneur or freelancer. The degree programme should be completed in a reasonable amount of time with an appropriate level of professional depth in the scientific field of business information systems.
The degree programme imparts competence in both business administration and information technology issues. You can therefore be employed in many areas where combined know-how in business informatics is required.
The first semesters are similar to the course of the Bachelor Business Administration. The basics of business administration are taught. This includes, for example, modules in accounting and general business administration. Economics and other areas, such as business law and taxes, are also touched upon. The special features of the programme are the numerous modules on business informatics. Further modules are:
- Financial management
- Annual accounts
- Mathematics & Statistics
In the seventh semester, you complete a practical module, which ideally already initiates the transition to a job. The Bachelor's thesis is also written in this semester.
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Information Technologies
- General Business Administration
- Taxation I
- Civil Law I
- Data Science
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Databases and Information Systems
- Taxation II
- Civil Law II
- Business Process Management
- Application Systems
- SAP practical seminar
- Project Management
- Business English
- IT security management
- Digital Business Models
- Information Management
- Web Programming
- Annual accounts
- Project seminar
- Mobile Apps
- Human Resources Management
- Cost performance accounting
- Commercial Law
- Seminar Business Informatics
- Online Shop Internship
- Software Technology
- Elective subjects
- Bachelor thesis
The economic part is taught well and the computer science part is not neglected. The professors work in a practical way and also like to tell stories from their own lives.
- higher education entrance qualification (Abitur), subject-related higher education entrance qualification or entrance qualification for a university of applied sciences (Fachhochschulreife)
- you don't have a higher education entrance qualification but you have work experience? Find out about studying without High School Diploma.
1) In the following circumstances, documents must be submitted electronically with the online application:
- if you have already studied in germany: documents on a previous study (complete overview with all examination attempts as well as, if applicable, exmatriculation certificate, in case of a definitively failed examination the corresponding proof, if applicable, degree certificate of the first study)
- for international applicants: Copy of the letter of admission, university entrance qualification, proof of German language, foundation college certificate
- If you belong to one of these two groups, your application will first be checked by the staff of the student registry. You will only be admitted after a successful examination.
2) After successful online application, you apply for enrollment electronically and then send the enrollment documents (see below) to the university by postal service:
- printed and signed application form for enrollment (generated after the electronic application for enrollment)
- copy of your passport or identity document
- certified copy of your university entrance qualification (high school diploma, certificate of secondary technical school, etc.)
- curriculum vitae in table form (optional)
- for studies without higher entrance qualification: certified copy of the vocational training certificate, proof of at least 3 years of professional activity as well as a completed and approved academic advising form, signed by the faculty.
- In case of professional qualification: certified proof of confirmed further professional training of at least 400 hours and certificate of final grade
- in the case of second degree or previous studies: documents on previous studies (certificate of exmatriculation, certificate of course of studies to date with details of the course of study, number of semesters as well as details of semesters on leave of absence, if applicable, officially certified degree certificate from the first degree program)
- bank statement with proof of payment of the semester fee
- addressed and stamped postcard as confirmation of receipt of your application (if desired)
- Please note: Proof of health insurance is only provided electronically. Please inform yourself about the new student registration procedure
- You can have certifications made, for example, by municipal authorities (e.g. city council), health insurance companies or a notary. Otherwise, you can bring your original certificates with you and show them to us when you hand in your application documents in person.
- In your own interest, please make sure that the documents you submit are complete, otherwise your application may be processed with a delay.
- Please do not send us any originals unless this is expressly requested.
- Please understand that we cannot confirm receipt of your application by telephone. If you wish to receive a confirmation of receipt, please enclose a stamped postcard with your address. The confirmation of receipt does not include a check for completeness or correctness of the application documents.
Please apply on our application platform https://campusportal.eah-jena.de or click on the field "Register now" on the right side. As soon as you click on the menu item "Register now" in the campus portal, you will first be asked to enter your personal data for the registration. To ensure communication between you and the university during the enrollment process, we ask you to enter an e-mail address that you actively use. After registration you will automatically receive a message with the access data and the activation code for your e-mail address. Therefore, please check your e-mail inbox (and spam folder if necessary) immediately afterwards and confirm your e-mail address by either clicking on the activation link or entering the activation code in the "E-mail verification" menu item in the application portal.
Note: Please register only once, even if you want to apply for more than one degree program.
In the case of admission-free study programs, you are guaranteed a place on the program. Therefore, you can only apply/register for one open-admission program.
2. add application form and enter data electronically (upload supporting documents if necessary)
First, you choose the type of degree and the study program for which you are applying. Please enter all necessary data carefully in the application portal. During the data entry process, depending on your academic background, you may be required to upload some digital evidence. Have all the necessary information and evidence ready in electronic form.
3. submit application electronically
At the end of the application, you confirm the correctness of your electronic data by checking the appropriate box and submitting your application electronically. As soon as you have submitted the application electronically, you will be automatically forwarded to the enrollment portal in the next step to apply for enrollment, provided that you have not studied in Germany or are an international student applicant.
4. apply for enrollment electronically
The first thing you do on the enrollment portal is to electronically enter additional data required for enrollment. This information is requested on the basis of HStatG and must be entered completely. Once the enrollment data has been entered in full, clicking on "Complete digital enrollment" will take you back to the application portal, where you will finally find the enrollment application (PDF format) for the degree program you have applied for.
5. send the enrollment application including documents by mail to Ernst Abbe University of Applied Sciences Jena
Please print out the PDF enrollment application and sign it. Afterwards, you should send it together with all documents required for enrollment (see document checklist) by post service to the address indicated on the enrollment application within the corresponding deadline.
6. enrollment completed
As soon as the enrollment documents have been received by postal service at the Ernst Abbe University of Applied Sciences Jena and the enrollment is completed, you will receive a starter package with the following documents by mail from the registration office of the university:
- provisional student ID
- certificate of study
- certificate for the application of BAföG
- starter booklet
- information about the start of your studies
The THOSKA (Thuringian University and Student Union Card) is your student ID as well as your semester ticket in chip card form. You will receive it at the THOSKA office at the beginning of the semester. Each semester you have to pay a semester fee.
If you would like to cancel your enrollment, please send us the complete starter package together with the application form for cancellation of enrollment and the application form for fee refund by the end of the previous semester (31.03./30.09.). In this case, we will delete your enrollment and you will be considered as not enrolled for the entire semester. According to the current fee regulations of the Ernst Abbe University of Applied Sciences Jena, a cancellation fee of 25,00 Euro will be charged, which will be deducted from the refund of the semester fee. If you return the semester documents too late or not completely, you can only deregister by submitting an application form for de-registration. The paid semester fee cannot be refunded.
You can check whether your school-leaving certificate gives you direct access to German universities or whether you need to complete additional work, e.g. in the form of years of study in your home country or attendance at a Studienkolleg in Germany. The database of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) will help you step by step. After a few clicks you will know whether you have direct access or not. Did you not find your country? Then please search the database anabin.
You want to apply as an international applicant without a German university entrance qualification for a bachelor program at University of Applied Sciences Jena? Then please apply online via the application portal of the University of Applied Sciences Jena (selection: Studienkolleg/Sprachvorbereitung). Your application will be reviewed by us for a fee. You can find an overview of the application fees here.
If you already have experience in a field of study and would like to enter a higher semester, this is generally possible at University of Applied Sciences Jena. However, there are a few special points to note when applying, and our contact persons for entry into higher semesters will be happy to help you with these.