Business Administration and Engineering (career-integrated studies)
Unique selling points:
- Part-time degree programme
- Imparting interdisciplinary knowledge
- Graduates are both technical and economic specialists as well as managers with a generalist education
- Target-oriented and time-efficient acquisition of knowledge and competences
The foundation for career advancement is a solid degree and continuous further education. Especially today, the tasks in a complex, networked and digitalised professional world can only be shaped by a holistic, interdisciplinary understanding of value and process chains. This increasingly requires all-rounders with a broad, interdisciplinary overall understanding. These are precisely the skills you will acquire with the Master of Science in Industrial Engineering and Management, opening up excellent career opportunities. Furthermore, with the Master's degree you can start a career in higher service. In addition, the successful degree qualifies you to start a doctoral programme in the fields of engineering and economics.
The occupations and fields of activity of Master's graduates in industrial engineering can be found in a wide variety of functional areas of a company. They take on management and coordination tasks primarily in economic-technical integration areas. This can be, for example:
- Production management
- Responsibility for cross-departmental business processes
- Planning and coordination of complex processes
- Product management
- Technical sales in a national and international environment
- Management of innovation processes
- Management of a profit centre
- Implementation of Industry 4.0
The Master's programme has a modular structure, comprises a total of 90 ETCS and is divided into 4 semesters with 3 modules each, plus one semester for the completion of a Master's thesis. Documents specially developed by us for your self-study are supplemented by dialogue-oriented, interactive attendance phases and guarantee you a targeted and time-efficient acquisition of knowledge and competences. The Master's programme can be started in the summer and winter semesters.
- Corporate governance and management systems
- Lean Production
- International Business
- Technical sales and distribution
- Maintenance Management
- Controlling concepts and instruments
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Digitalisation in Industry
- Product Management and Innovation
- Applied project management
- Planning of a series production
- Master thesis
The prerequisite for admission to the programme is a successfully completed industrial engineering or engineering degree with a Bachelor's, Master's or Diploma degree with 210 ECTS credits. In addition, proof of at least one year of professional experience is required. Engineers must furthermore present additional economic knowledge in the form of courses, professional practice etc.. If necessary, these can be made up in the form of a special study plan. In the case of a first professional degree with only 180 ECTS, an additional 2 years of relevant professional practice after obtaining the degree must be proven. Applicants with a final grade of 2.5 or better are admitted directly. Otherwise, an aptitude test is carried out by a commission.
- printed and signed application form from the EAH Jena Master's portal
- certified copy of the first university degree certificate or submission of the original
- Copy of the university entrance qualification
- Certificate of exmatriculation from the last university
- Passport photo (preferably in digital form)
- If applicable, proof of additional qualifications or further training relevant to admission
- In the case of a first professional degree with 180 ECTS, proof of 2 years of relevant professional experience after obtaining the degree is also required.
- If applicable, a curriculum vitae in tabular form with. experience abroad and practical experience
- Online proof of health insurance (for applicants who have not yet reached the age of 30)
- International applicants must provide proof of sufficient German language skills (e.g. TestDaF or Goethe-Zertifikat C2)
An application for a place on the desired Master's degree programme is first made online. After you have entered all data on the online application portal, a PDF application for admission to the Master's programme with an applicant number will be generated. Please sign this and send it by post together with the other documents described in the application checklist to the Master Service. Please note the current application deadlines. After receipt of your application, the JenALL team will contact you.
15.05. - 15.09.