Health Care Management
Unique selling points:
- Attendance times in Jena mainly at weekends
- Flexible study alongside work
- A unique programme in Thuringia, which provides participants with all the knowledge and skills necessary to hold or assume management positions in health and social care institutions, especially hospitals.
- Students acquire the ability to analyse and evaluate complex company-specific situations and to work out solutions for identified problems
The knowledge and skills imparted within the framework of this postgraduate Master's programme will enable you to hold a management position in health and social institutions, especially hospitals.
The Health Care Management degree programme in Jena is aimed in particular at doctors or other employees in medical institutions. Accordingly, with the MBA degree, leadership positions in middle and higher management of health care institutions can be pursued. An alternative to this path could be an academic career. With an MBA degree, a doctorate can be taken up at university. A career in the civil service is also conceivable. Here, the degree enables entry into the higher civil service. Other areas of employment with a degree in health management can be found here, for example:
- Health insurance companies
- Health authorities
- Research and development
In four semesters of standard study time, you will be taught the most important topics on a part-time basis. The attendance times are manageable and usually take place at the weekend. The study programme can thus be completed flexibly alongside your job. In the first two semesters, basic management knowledge is taught. This includes topics such as business management, human resources and taxes. Soft skills also play an important role. Here you can train important skills for everyday working life. This includes presentation techniques and rhetoric. From the third semester onwards, the focus is more specifically on topics from the health sector. These modules are offered, among others:
The fourth semester is mainly used to write the Master's thesis. In the best case, a topic from everyday professional life can be chosen and worked on using a scientific approach. This is where the clear advantages of a part-time MBA programme become apparent. The theoretical knowledge from the degree programme can be directly applied in practice. On the other hand, the practical experience from professional life can have a very positive effect on the understanding of the study contents.
Within the framework of the modules Health Management and Hospital Management (Hospital Financing, Corporate Planning and Operational Control, Management and Control Instruments), "Specialised Health Economics Knowledge" is taught. Through these modules, students are given the opportunity to specialise with regard to their interests, professional fields and company-specific necessities.
The study contents are divided into eleven modules, which can also be booked and completed individually.
In addition to interactive learning via an internet platform, classroom events take place at regular intervals. All modules are taught by professors from the Ernst Abbe University of Applied Sciences Jena, the University of Jena, the Universities of Leipzig and Dresden, as well as highly qualified, professionally experienced lecturers from the field.
- Taxes and contracts
- Ethics, EBM and social law
- Soft skills
- Health evaluation
- Health management
- Hospital management
- Organisational management
- Master's thesis
Prerequisite for admission to the programme is a degree in a health economics (especially medical) degree programme, at a university or an academic degree recognised as at least equivalent with at least 210 ECTS points as well as at least one year of professional practice in companies or organisations after completion of the university education. Furthermore, proof of knowledge of the English language (e.g. through the Abitur or a TOEFL test with 72 points) must be provided. For foreign applicants, proof of sufficient knowledge of the German language is also required.
If the number of applicants exceeds the planned number of admissions, applicants are admitted on the basis of the final grade of the initial university education.
- ausgedruckter und unterschriebener Bewerbungsbogen des Masterportals der EAH Jena (https://onlinebewerbung.eah-jena.de/master)
- beglaubigte Kopie des ersten Hochschulabschlusszeugnisses oder Vorlage des Originals
- Kopie der Hochschulzugangsberechtigung
- Exmatrikulationsbescheinigung der letzten Hochschule
- Passbild (gern in digitaler Form)
- ggf. tabellarischer Lebenslauf mit. Auslands- und Praxiserfahrung
- Online-Nachweis der Krankenversicherung (für Bewerber, die das 30. Lebensjahr noch nicht vollendet haben)
- Internationale Bewerber/innen müssen ausreichende Deutschkenntnisse nachweisen (bspw. TestDaF oder Goethe-Zertifikat C2)
Eine Bewerbung um einen Studienplatz im gewünschten Masterstudiengang erfolgt zunächst online. Nachdem Sie alle Daten auf dem Online-Bewerbungsportal eingetragen haben, wird ein PDF-Antrag auf Zulassung zum Masterstudium mit einer Bewerbernummer generiert. Diesen unterschreiben Sie bitte, und senden ihn postalisch zusammen mit den restlichen in der Checkliste an den Master Service. Bitte beachten Sie dabei die aktuellen Bewerbungsfristen. Nach Eingang Ihrer Bewerbung nimmt das Team von JenALL Kontakt mit Ihnen auf.
15.05. - 15.09.
Prof. Dr. Heike Kraußlach
+49 3641 205 551