Personal experiences are the most moving. That was reason enough for us to invite students and university members to the auditorium and celebrate our International Day 2021 as part of the university anniversary #EAHJena30. More than 100 students accepted this invitation and with a total of 136 participants in the auditorium and additional online participants, it became quite clear that direct experience takes place through encounter.
We wanted to inform and motivate students that encounters also take place during the semester abroad. From 1 to 4 pm, we led a live programme that was broadcast online from the auditorium. The live programme was musically accompanied by the Arab band "Zwei Stimmen - فکرین". From 4 pm onwards, all those present had the opportunity to talk to student associations and actors from EAH Jena over drinks, international snacks and music. At the same time, our virtual fair room could be visited to get information at the virtual stands of our partner universities and to chat live with colleagues from abroad.
We would like to thank all cooperation and discussion partners and participants for this successful event!
We would like to express our sincere thanks to the participating partner universities.
- German Jordanian University (GJU) Amman, Jordanien
- Fachhochschule St. Pölten - University of Applied Sciences GmbH St. Pölten, Österreich
- Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos Lima, Peru
- Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María Valparaíso (UTFSM), Chile
- Beijing Information Science & Technology University, China
- Ecole d’Ingénieurs en Génie des Systèmes Industriels (EIGSI) La Rochelle, Frankreich
- Swiss German University Tangerang, Indonesien
- Universidad de Málaga, Spanien
- Kumoh National Institute of Technology Gumi, Südkorea
- Universidade Federal Santa Catarina (UFSC) Florianopolis, Brasilien
- Thai Nguyen University of Agriculture and Forestry, Thai Nguyen City, Vietnam
We would like to thank the following students for their participation and testimonials.
- Neyla Oudjedi Damerdji (EIGSI Ecole d’ingénieurs généralistes La Rochelle, France)
- Shafwah Dzahabiyya (Swiss German University Tangerang, Indonesia)
- Kezia Valentina Yusuf (Swiss German University Tangerang, Indonesia)
- Simon Beichert (Student BA Environmental Egineering an Development)
- Jule Scheuerle (Student BA Social Work)
- Lea Bliemeister (Student BA Social Work)
- Laura Breitenstein (Student BA Social Work)
- Thomas Schmidt (Student MA Electrical Engineering and Information Technology)
|1:00 – 1:50 pm||Opening & Welcome|
Opening by Prof. Mario Brandtner
(Vice President for Studies, Teaching and Continuing Education)
Welcome address by Prof. Heiko Haase
(Department of Business Administration, Vice Dean for International Affairs and Research, Representative of project EAH.International: University Cooperation in the Context of Sustainable Development "InKoNa")
Music by the Arabic band Zwei Stimmen – فکرین
Introduction of the programme
|1:50 – 2:30 pm|
Partner universities introduce themselves (Part 1)
|2:30 – 2:45 pm||Break|
|2:45 – 3:25 pm|
Students' experiences abroad
Experiences and impressions of EAH Jena students who have studied abroad.
|3:25 – 4:00 pm|
Partner universities introduce themselves (Part 2)
|4:00 – 5:00 pm|
Exchange with partner universities and student associations
The International Day is a joint production of the International Office and the HAW.International projects "EAH Study Abroad Q²" and "EAH.International: University Cooperation in the Context of Sustainable Development" (InKoNa) funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with funds from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
Julia Hillmann und Nancy Reichel
(International Office | Projekt „EAH Study Abroad Q²“)
Der Internationale Tag wird durch die die HAW.International Projekte „EAH Study Abroad Q²“ und „EAH.International: Hochschulkooperationen im Kontext nachhaltiger Entwicklung (InKoNa)“ umgesetzt und durch den Deutschen Akademischen Austauschdienst e.V. (DAAD) aus Mitteln des Bundesministeriums für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF) gefördert.